Instructions For Your Facial Plastic & Cosmetic Surgery in Scottsdale
Undergoing surgery at our Scottsdale facial plastic surgery center is not something that should be entered into lightly. As with any surgical procedure, there are risks involved. Dr. Todd Hobgood, our double board-certified facial plastic surgeon, is a specialist who works with only the highest-trained professionals. These professionals are well versed in the latest and most minimally invasive plastic surgery techniques. In an effort to enhance your surgical experience and aid in a speedy recovery time, we’ve compiled a list of important instructions for you to follow in the days leading up to your Scottsdale plastic surgery appointment.
Whether it is facelift, rhinoplasty, eyelid surgery, chin augmentation, or another surgical procedure, it is important that you read through and abide by our pre-surgical instructions below. If you have any questions or concerns about these instructions prior to your surgery appointment, we ask that you contact our Scottsdale plastic surgery office to discuss them with your care coordinator. At Dr. Hobgood’s office, we strive to bring you the best possible care. Trust your face to a facial plastic surgeon.
It is important to follow these instructions very closely:
- Eat only a light healthy meal at dinner the night before surgery, or liquids if indicated.
- Do not drink any alcoholic beverages during the day or night before surgery.
- Do not eat or drink after midnight before surgery. This includes gum, candy, and mints. *Please note: If you are having your procedure under local anesthesia only, you may eat and drink as you normally would.
- You may brush your teeth the day of surgery but avoid swallowing.
- Bathe on the morning of your surgery as you normally do.
- Please do not wear any metal items, such as jewelry or body piercings. Leave purses, money, credit cards, and other valuables at home.
- Do not wear any make-up. Bring cases to store glasses, contacts lenses or dentures during surgery.
- Please bring a copy of your current insurance card if you have not already done so at a previous appointment.
- Smokers are advised that smoking the day of surgery can interfere with the effectiveness of anesthesia and cause delayed healing after surgery. Certain surgeries are quite dangerous when performed on patients using any type of nicotine containing product due to vasconstriction (collapse) of blood vessels.
*Following any surgery that requires General Anesthesia, it is very important to have a caretaker for the first 24 hours. You must have a driver to and from the surgical center. Ideally, your caretaker for the first 24 hours is in attendance at the time of your discharge to receive any last minute instructions from the recovery nurses.
Should you have any questions, at any time, please do not hesitate to contact our Scottsdale facial plastic surgery office at (480) 214-9955. We also serve men and women throughout Paradise Valley and the greater Phoenix, AZ area with high-quality, gentle and effective facial plastic surgery.