Hobgood Facial Plastic Surgery: Todd Hobgood, MD
8415 North Pima Road #120
Scottsdale, AZ 85258
Phone: (480) 214-9955
Monday–Friday: 8 a.m.–4 p.m.
Todd C. Hobgood, MD
If there’s a single word that sums up Dr. Todd Hobgood’s relationship with the women and men he sees as a facial plastic surgeon in Scottsdale, AZ, it’s trust. After performing more than 1,000 facelifts, 4,000 rhinoplasties, and countless other procedures such as eyelid lifts, brow lifts, and neck lifts in the Phoenix area, Dr. Hobgood remains honored by the trust patients place in his experience and track record of excellent results.
“Having people trust their appearance, their faces, to you as a plastic surgeon is very humbling and it’s a choice that I sincerely appreciate.”
– Dr. Hobgood
Dr. Todd Hobgood: 6 Fast Facts
- Board Certified by the American Board of Facial Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery and the American Board of Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery
- Graduated #1 in his class from The Ohio State University College of Medicine
- Consultant and Injection Trainer for the makers of BOTOX® Cosmetic, JUVÉDERM®, LATISSE®, and RADIESSE®, training other physicians in the proper use of those products
- Named Top Doctor by RealSelf.com and Phoenix Magazine
- Serves as a board examiner for the American Board of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery (ABFPRS) and sits on the Oral Examination Writing Committee, in addition to having held 5 seats on standing committees with the ABFPRS.
- RealSelf Hall of Fame Facial Plastic Surgeon
Stellar Educational Background
Dr. Hobgood excelled throughout his education and advanced training, earning praise and awards at every step. He graduated summa cum laude (“with highest honors”) from Ohio Wesleyan University as a pre-med student before earning his medical degree from The Ohio State University College of Medicine. Not only did he again graduate summa cum laude, but he was also the top medical student in a class of 208.
His post-med school training included a general surgery internship, earning distinction for “exceptional patient care.” Dr. Hobgood then completed fellowship training through the American Academy of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeons at the Indiana University College of Medicine, earning the top score on the National Oral Board Exam.
Dr. Hobgood then completed a very competitive fellowship focusing on advanced facial aesthetic surgery with Dr. Stephen Perkins of the Meridian Surgical Center. While there, he served as a clinical instructor at Indiana University training physicians in advanced Head and Neck Plastic Surgery. After completing over 6 years of advanced medical education focused only on facial plastic surgery, Dr. Hobgood earned the highest score in the country on the oral examination of the American Board of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeons. He is now a highly respected author and test administrator for the examination.
“Dr. Hobgood and his staff are wonderful. As a physician myself, I searched out who I thought would be the best for the procedure I desired, and I was not disappointed. Dr. Hobgood is very thorough and my procedure was what I expected. The staff is delightful; always positive and ready to be of service. The office runs on time and I never felt rushed. This office is truly a team that is amazing.”
– heydoc2025, RealSelf review
Exceptional Talent, Unsurpassed Results
If you’re searching for the best facial plastic surgeon in the Scottsdale-Phoenix area, Dr. Hobgood quickly will rise to the top of your list. Few surgeons can match his combination of technical expertise, personable bedside manner, and results that exceed expectations.
Not only is he one of the nation’s leading facelift specialists, but Dr. Hobgood is also noted for his rhinoplasty and revision rhinoplasty skills. Revision rhinoplasty, which involves working with patients who aren’t satisfied with their outcomes produced by other surgeons, is one of the most technically demanding procedures performed by facial plastic surgeons.
You can see for yourself the types of results Dr. Hobgood creates in our gallery of before-and-after photos.
Dr. Hobgood maintains privileges at
- Paradise Valley Cosmetic Surgery Center
- North Valley Surgery Center
- Surgery Center of Gilbert
- Banner Desert Medical Center
- Cardon Children’s Hospital
He performs many procedures at our private Scottsdale office.
Dr. Hobgood provides pro bono services both at home and abroad. He works with local domestic violence survivors through the American Board of Facial Plastic Surgery’s Face to Face program, providing plastic reconstructive surgery for women who have suffered facial injuries. Additionally, Dr. Hobgood served as part of a medical mission to the Dominican Republic to perform free facial reconstructive surgery for both children and adults.
A Member of the Community
Dr. Hobgood loves everything about living in the Scottsdale area. What’s not to love? He and his wife, Katie, spend much of their free time with their 2 beautiful daughters. Dr. Hobgood is an avid hockey player and fan of the Coyotes, and enjoys participating in triathlons, biking, skiing, and hiking the beautiful mountains of Arizona.
Fellowship of the American Academy of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeons
- Meridian Plastic Surgery Center, Indiana University College of Medicine
Director Stephen Perkins MD
Awarded Top Score on National Oral Board Exam
Residency Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery (1999-2003)
- The Ohio State University Hospitals, Arthur James Cancer Center Awards
- Top 1% Score on National Training Examination, ’01,’02,’03
- Medical Director Citizenship Award for Hospital Service
- Top Resident Teaching Award, ’02, ’03
- Appointed to Medical Center Residency Advisory Committee
Internship General Surgery (1998-1999)
- Mount Carmel Medical Center
Director Thomas Hartranft, MD
Awarded the Flame Designation for Exceptional Patient Care
Doctorate of Medicine (1994-1998)
- The Ohio State University College of Medicine
- Summa Cum Laude, Graduation Rank #1 of 208
- The Ohio State University College of Medicine
Bachelor of Arts (1990-1994)
- Ohio Wesleyan University
- Pre-Medicine, Chemistry, Zoology
- Summa Cum Laude, National Howard Hughes Scholar
Academic Appointments & Committees
Facial Plastic Specialty Appointments
Dr. Hobgood acts as a consultant for corporations and actively trains physicians throughout the United States on proper applications of the industry-leading products.
- Consultant and Injection Trainer Allergan (Botox Cosmetic™, Juvederm™, Latisse™)
- Consultant and Injection Trainer Bioform Medical, Inc.(Radiesse™)
- Past Appointments as Clinical Professor of Head and Neck Surgery, Facial Plastic Surgery at The Ohio State University College of Medicine, Indiana University College of Medicine, and Touro University
National Facial Plastic Surgery Leader
- Member and Fellow of the American Academy of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeons (AAFPRS)
- AAFPRS Committee for Patient Safety and Quality Assurance
- AAFPRS Committee for Emerging Trends in Facial Plastic Surgery
- AAFPRS Committee for Face to Face and Faces of Honor supporting no-cost surgery to both domestic violence victims and United States Military Veterans
- AAFPRS Committee for Socioeconomic and Regulatory Affairs
Furthermore, Dr. Hobgood has received awards from companies such as BioForm Medical and Allergan Inc. for his outstanding work. Because he understands how important it is to monitor industry trends while providing patients with the superior care that they deserve, you can feel confident in your decision to work with Dr. Hobgood.
National Education Faculty & Spokesperson, Injection Instructor – Allergan, Inc.
- Selected to speak nationally and train physicians on the appropriate techniques of BOTOX® Cosmetic®, JUVÉDERM®, and LATISSE®
- Medical Education Faculty – BioForm Medical, Inc
- Selected to the national advisory board and education staff to train physicians on the appropriate techniques and applications of RADIESSE
Emerging Trends Committee – AAFPRS
- Honorary selection by peers to discuss and conduct research on the newest trends in facial plastic surgery
Patient Safety Committee – AAFPRS
- Honorary selection by peers to oversee national issues regarding the safe and ethical delivery of contemporary facial plastic surgery
- Honorary selection by peers to promote a program of free surgery for victims of domestic violence. Also covers surgery for United States Military Personnel injured while serving.
Socioeconomic & Regulatory Affairs Committee – AAFPRS
- Honorary selection by peers discussing national issues for patient advocacy and scope of practice related to facial plastic surgery in the United States