Hobgood Facial Plastic Surgery: Todd Hobgood, MD
8415 North Pima Road #120
Scottsdale, AZ 85258
Phone: (480) 214-9955
Monday–Friday: 8 a.m.–4 p.m.
Facial aging involves more than crow’s feet, worry lines, and sun damage. We also lose muscle, bone, and fat beneath the skin, gradually deflating certain areas of the face and causing hollows, sagging, and a tired look. Getting periodic injections of Restylane®, JUVÉDERM®, or one of the many other dermal fillers at our Scottsdale practice can create a more youthful look that still appears natural.
JUVÉDERM VOLLURE® Before-and-After Photos
Benefits of Dermal Fillers
One of the primary advantages of fillers is that they provide alternatives to surgery that take years off and don’t require downtime. Other benefits include:
- Smoothing fine lines and wrinkles
- Restoring volume and fullness to areas such as the cheeks and chin
- Plumping up and defining the lips
- Reducing signs of aging on the hands
Our experienced, highly trained nurse injector, Ashley Smith, uses her knowledge of various fillers to help patients get the outcomes they want. We offer a wide range of fillers because some products work better for certain patients and certain indications. Patients often combine filler injections with BOTOX® Cosmetic to create comprehensive results.
Our Nonsurgical Experts
Dr. Hobgood's aesthetic team creates customized treatment plans tailored to the cosmetic needs of each patient. Ashley Smith is a registered nurse injector who specializes in BOTOX® and filler injections, while licensed esthetician Brooke Scatchard is a certified laser technician.Meet Our Team
Our Menu of Fillers
Filler injections are among the most popular cosmetic treatments performed worldwide. Fillers are more specialized than ever before, formulated to address specific areas of the face to produce more attractive and natural-looking results. Even as the fillers become more advanced, it still requires a skilled injector to ensure women and men get the desired outcomes. We offer fillers from the JUVÉDERM and Restylane family of products, along with RADIESSE®, for patients from Phoenix, Chandler, Mesa, Tempe, and other nearby cities.
Both Restylane and JUVÉDERM are hyaluronic acid-based fillers. Hyaluronic acid (HA) is a substance that occurs naturally in the body, meaning patients don’t need allergy testing before injections. HA is ideal for use in fillers because it attracts and absorbs water, boosting and hydrating the skin.
RADIESSE uses calcium-based microspheres suspended in a gel carrier to soften and smooth wrinkles. These microspheres dissolve over time, after providing a scaffold around which your body builds new collagen. Virtually all fillers we use are pre-mixed with lidocaine, a numbing agent that makes treatments more comfortable.
Restylane products include:
- Restylane: This is an excellent product for the under-eye area (also known as the “tear trough”) to help improve the appearance of dark circles and hollows.
- Lyft: More robust than original Restylane, Lyft addresses age-related volume loss in the mid-face area, especially the cheeks. Lyft can also boost nasolabial folds and other moderate to severe facial folds. Results last up to 12 months.
- Silk: This smooth, delicate gel filler enhances lips and smooths lines around the mouth. It’s injected with an ultrafine needle to ensure precise treatments. Results last between 6 – 9 months.
- Refyne™: This “next generation” filler softens nasolabial folds and marionette lines—often called “laugh lines”—to restore a more youthful appearance that still looks natural. Approved by the FDA in 2016, Refyne results can last up to 12 months.
- Defyne™: Deeper lines require a filler that’s specifically created to address these concerns. Defyne works without limiting your range of facial emotions. Results last up to 12 months.
JUVÉDERM products include:
- JUVÉDERM XC: This smooth gel is used to effectively restore volume and smooth facial wrinkles and folds. Ultra XC can be used to add volume to lips, including when your lips have thinned with age. Results last 6 to 9 months
- VOLUMA® XC: Approved by the FDA to restore age-related volume loss in the cheeks. It’s injected deeper than most other fillers and produces results that can last up to 2 years.
- VOLLURE™ XC: The most recent addition to the JUVÉDERM family. VOLLURE creates a smoother appearance by softening moderate to severe wrinkles, including “parentheses” around the mouth. Results can last up to 18 months.
- VOLBELLA® XC: Specifically formulated to enhance lip volume, VOLBELLA also helps smooth the fine lines around the mouth. The results can last up to a year.
Your Dermal Filler Treatment
Treatments with fillers are very similar regardless of the product used. We apply an antiseptic solution in the treatment area and mark specific injection locations. The procedure can last up to an hour but may be shorter depending on the number of injections needed. Mild discomfort, swelling, and redness at the injection site, and possibly temporary bruising are normal side effects following filler injections. We recommend using a cold compress afterward to minimize swelling and redness.
Get started by requesting a consultation using the online form to discuss which fillers and lip injections will work for you. If you’re in the Chandler, Tempe, or Phoenix, AZ, area, you can also call us at our Scottsdale plastic surgery office at (480) 214-9955 to schedule an appointment.Back to Top