There are a number of ways that people try to fight the telltale signs of aging. Some alter their skin treatment while others dye their hair or update their wardrobe. To make themselves look younger, many people opt for dermal fillers or Botox. In 2013, Botox was ranked the most popular minimally invasive procedure and was administered over 6 million times! Other dermal fillers were administered over 2 million times. That’s because dermal fillers are a great way to make your skin and face look younger without needing surgery.
What Can Dermal Fillers Do?
- Give your skin some structure – As you age, your skin starts to lose collagen and elastin, two fibers that are responsible for giving your skin structure. You also lose hyaluronic acid, a skin component that maintains hydration and keeps your skin tight. Losing these structural components causing your skin to sag and develop wrinkles around the nose, lips, and eyes. Dermal fillers such as Juvederm and Perlane can synthetically restore the hyaluronic acid, restoring firmness and hydration to your skin.
- Increase facial volume – Along with a loss of structure, aging causes your face to lose volume, or facial contouring. Your cheekbones and jaw line become less prominent and start to blend in with the rest of your face. That volume can be recreated with dermal fillers like Radiesse, a calcium gel that works as a temporary liquid implant. In addition to restoring volume, Radiesse can also smooth out deeper lines in your face and tighten the skin.
- Reduce or erase lines and wrinkles – These little annoyances are among the earliest signs of aging to appear on the face and almost every dermal filler available will work to reduce or erase them. Your choice will depend on your skin type and what your doctor thinks would provide the greatest effect. Like Radiesse, some fillers combat lines and wrinkles by adding volume under the skin to smooth and tighten it. Others, like Botox and Dysport, work by relaxing the muscles that create the lines and wrinkles.
Extra Dermal Filler Benefits
- Less expensive than surgery – Facelifts are one of the most popular surgical methods of eliminating signs of aging in the face and are also one of the most expensive. The average facelift costs around $10,000, while the average dermal filler injection costs about $500-$700.
- Longer periods between treatments – Dermal fillers can be applied again and again as needed. This is also something that depends on the individual patient and the type of filler used. On average, patients need a treatment about once a year.
- No recovery necessary – Dermal fillers are so easy to get, you can go during your lunch hour on a regular workday. Some patients experience some swelling or numbness at the treatment site, but this is temporary and fades after a few hours.
Dermal Fillers From Dr. Hobgood
Hobgood Facial Plastic Surgery offers a wide variety of dermal fillers that can help patients with all skin types look and feel younger. Dr. Hobgood is a highly skilled surgeon who is dedicated to using only the safest methods of skin treatments for his patients. He is also involved in furthering the education and development of non-surgical plastic surgery methods. If you are interested in scheduling a skin care consultation, contact his office in Scottsdale, AZ at (480) 214-9955 to make an appointment.