Every patient has a unique genetic make up, and set of age-related aesthetic complexities. Some contributing factors of aging include bone structure, environmental exposures, and volume deficits from the repositioning of the natural facial fat pads. Some of the most common areas of concern include nasolabial folds, tear troughs, “jowls”, oral commissures, and “marionette lines”. Treatment options for these areas vary, but a “Liquid Vertical Lift” can provide great improvement for the combined areas in a non-invasive manner. As the Registered Nurse of Hobgood Facial Plastic Surgery, I will explain this patient and practice “favorite” and the most common questions surrounding it.
- “ What is A Liquid Vertical Lift?”- A Liquid Vertical Lift is a non-invasive, customized Voluma treatment where the provider injects Voluma the cheeks and cheek bone areas. This procedure helps to correct age-related volume losses in the mid-facial area, as well as facial flattening while creating lift and structure.
- “Why do I need a Liquid Vertical Lift?” Patients that benefit from a Liquid Vertical Lift include those that are experiencing mid-face volume loss, flattening of the cheek regions, have lower face fine lines and wrinkles, as well as the presence of jowls, or sagging. As we age, we lose hyaluronic acid (volume), from the tissue structures in our bodies. Hyaluronic acid is a naturally-occurring protein that can be restored by injecting dermal fillers, which are composed of the same material. By injecting hyaluronic acid dermal fillers, we are restoring what the body has eliminated over time. Clinical research is also now available to support evidence of the long-term benefits of dermal fillers. By receiving dermal filler injections, the body’s own collagen production is stimulated and improved. Patients that are also seeking aesthetic enhancement, or are interested in best practices for prevention will largely gain from a Liquid Vertical Lift procedure.
- “What can I expect with a Liquid Vertical Lift? I want to look like myself.”: An improvement in facial fullness, nasolabial folds, lower face wrinkles, under eye volume depletion, as well as a youthful and restored overall appearance are all attainable “expectations”. Some patients fear an “unnatural facial fullness”, but with an experienced injector that understands your specific anatomy you will looked restored and never overdone.
- “What is my recovery/downtime?” Technically, any time the skin is engaged with a needle there is a possibility of swelling and/or bruising. That being said, most patients do not experience excessive swelling or bruising in the cheek areas. Should any temporary bruising occur, it is easily concealed with make up and cover up.
- “How long does a Liquid Vertical Lift last?” Voluma is a unique, hyaluronic acid gel particle that has an on-label duration of up to 2 years when patients are fully-corrected.
For additional information, to book your Liquid Vertical Lift procedure, or to schedule a complimentary comprehensive skin and aesthetic consultation, please call and book an appointment with Ashley Smith, RN, BSN, at Hobgood Facial Plastic Surgery.