Versatility is the calling card of both BOTOX and dermal fillers. At our Scottsdale practice, patients interested in reversing signs of aging are often pleasantly surprised when they learn that these immensely popular injectable treatments can address so many different aesthetic concerns.
The differences between BOTOX and dermal fillers can be a bit blurry for patients who are looking for ways to reverse signs of aging. The immensely popular injectable treatments work in different ways but share a versatility that enables injectors to address a number of concerns.
In this post, we’ll look at 7 specific benefits provided by either BOTOX or dermal fillers.
- Prevent wrinkles: One trend we’re seeing more often at our Scottsdale med spa is the request for “preventative BOTOX” injections. The same reason that BOTOX effectively reduces existing lines enables it to prevent those wrinkles from developing in the first place—at least for a few years.
- Lip augmentation: Dermal fillers such as Restylane® Silk and JUVÉDERM® VOLBELLA™ are formulated to enhance the shape and plumpness of lips. These smooth gel fillers diminish smokers’ lines around the mouth with results lasting up to a year.
- Minimize crow’s feet and worry lines: BOTOX injections target the tiny facial muscles that create “expression lines”—wrinkles that develop over time as we squint, frown, appear surprised, and change our expressions in countless other ways. Crow’s feet at the corners of the eyes and the vertical lines between the eyes (the “11s”) are common concerns among both women and men.
- Reduce a “gummy smile”: If you’re self-conscious about your smile because it reveals a significant amount of your upper gum, BOTOX is a possible solution. BOTOX injections relax the muscles in the upper lip, limiting how high it can rise when smiling, so the gums remain covered.
- Elevate the cheeks: A “liquid vertical lift” with JUVÉDERM VOLUMA™ elevates the cheeks to a more youthful-looking position by restoring volume to the treatment area. If you’re concerned about flattening of the cheek regions, the appearance of jowls, and other lines or wrinkles developing in the lower face, a liquid vertical lift is for you.
- Create a contoured jawline: The jawline is an area that can benefit from either BOTOX or filler injections, depending on your goals. BOTOX is useful for slimming a jawline that appears too prominent because of an overdeveloped masseter muscle (the muscle used when chewing). Others may prefer to augment the jawline with fillers to create a stronger facial shape.
- Restore the back of the hands: Patients concerned about how facial wrinkles make them appear older often overlook the appearance of their hands. Lost volume and protruding veins are signs of aging that other people may notice. Radiesse® injections enhance the appearance of the hands by minimizing tendons and veins and restoring volume.
This list is really just the beginning of the benefits you can get from injectable treatments performed by a facial plastic surgeon in Scottsdale. Contact our office using the online form to request a consultation or call (480) 214-9955 to schedule an appointment.