Dr. Todd Hobgood offers KYBELLA to help women and men in the Scottsdale-Phoenix area address excess fat deposits beneath the chin, frequently referred to as a “double chin” and known medically as submental fat. This FDA-approved injectable product is made from a patented blend of deoxycholic acid and organic ingredients. Deoxycholic acid already exists naturally in the body, and its role is to aid in the breakdown and absorption of dietary fat. This ability is what allows KYBELLA to reduce unwanted chin fat without forcing you to endure the discomfort, risks and long recovery times that come with plastic surgery.
Many people struggle with a double chin because they’re overweight or obese. Furthermore, a double chin may stick around long after these people achieve significant weight loss because the area does not respond easily to exercise or diet. Genetics and the structure of your face can also make you more likely to have a double chin, and in this case, no amount of exercise, skin care or dieting will prevent or minimize it. In addition, aging can also cause or worsen a double chin. Skin becomes looser with age, causing it to sag. The body’s tendency to store fat and hold onto it stubbornly also increases with age. Fortunately, KYBELLA offers a solution to this common issue that affects the lives of millions of men and women.
Why Choose KYBELLA?
There are many reasons to consider KYBELLA treatments to address extra fat below the chin, commonly known as a “double chin”:
- The procedure is fast, simple and comfortable, and no anesthesia is required.
- It can improve the contours of your face, helping you look slimmer and more youthful.
- It has a high rate of satisfaction among patients.
- No recovery time is necessary after the procedure.
- No maintenance treatments are needed.
What to Expect in a Consultation
Before you can undergo treatment with KYBELLA, you must first have a consultation appointment with Dr. Hobgood. He will evaluate the extent of your double chin, listen to your goals for the procedure, address any questions or concerns you might have and determine if you would be an ideal candidate. He will also go over the specific details of the procedure with you, determine how many injections are needed to provide the results you want and work with you to create a customized treatment plan. If you are a candidate, he may be able to perform your treatment in the same visit.
Prior to the procedure, your face will be cleaned and a topical numbing agent will be applied to your skin if you desire it. However, many patients do not find the topical anesthetic to be necessary. Dr. Hobgood will then strategically inject carefully measured amounts of KYBELLA to guarantee consistent, natural-looking results. This can all be done in as little as half an hour.
Candidates for KYBELLA
Most people who are unhappy with submental fat and want to reduce the appearance of their double chin will be good candidates for treatment with KYBELLA . Candidates should be in good physical and mental health, have realistic expectations for the treatment and possess a good understanding of how the procedure works. Men and women of any age, skin type or ethnicity can receive KYBELLA treatments. The only people who should not receive KYBELLA include women who are breastfeeding or pregnant and people who have bleeding disorders or active infections. If you have previously had plastic surgery on your neck or chin area, Dr. Hobgood may have to alter your treatment plan. Furthermore, people who have accumulated scar tissue or excessive skin beneath the chin may not be suitable candidates for the procedure. In this case, Dr. Hobgood may be able to recommend alternative treatments or procedures that can help you achieve the results you want.
Contact us today to schedule a consultation at Hobgood Facial Plastic Surgery’s office at 480-214-9955.
How long will the procedure last?
- Most treatments with KYBELLA take between 15 and 30 minutes and can be performed over a typical lunch break. After preparing the treatment area, Dr. Hobgood will inject the appropriate amount of KYBELLA into the tissue beneath your chin.Most patients will notice results from KYBELLA after two to four sessions. In some cases, patients may require up to six treatments to achieve their desired results. These are usually spaced about one month apart, and your appointments can be structured to fit your personal lifestyle.
What can I expect after the procedure?
- You won’t have to take time away from your life to recover from your KYBELLA treatment. You can resume your routine activities right away, including your exercise regimen. Although KYBELLA can provide dramatic results; you will not notice them right away. The majority of people will start seeing results after their first two sessions, although experiences vary. Further results typically develop in the following weeks as submental fat breaks down and is absorbed. The fat that is treated with KYBELLA does not come back; therefore, patients typically do not require any additional injections after the initial set. Maintenance treatments are not necessary as well.
Are There Risks?
- Although serious side effects after KYBELLA treatment are extremely rare, there is always at least some risk involved as with any other treatment. You should expect some mild bruising, swelling and tenderness. However, these side effects should disappear within a few days. Some patients could experience trouble swallowing, temporary numbness and excessive bleeding in the treatment area, but these issues are