Zoom calls are fueling requests for facial plastic surgery as we spend more time looking at ourselves on camera. As a double board-certified facial plastic surgeon serving Scottsdale and Phoenix-area men and women, I’ve certainly noticed the trend myself. Now that so many of our meetings are happening virtually, we all want to look our best and feel confident on camera.
In this blog post, I’ll share at-home tips for improving your appearance on Zoom and offer recommendations for surgical and nonsurgical procedures to give you the results you’re looking for.
1. Refresh and define your eyes.
Makeup works wonders when it comes to covering up dark under-eye circles before your morning coffee kicks in.
When concealer isn’t quite cutting it, however, you may want to consider:
- Dermal fillers: Disguise under-eye bags and fill in hollows with little to no downtime.
- Blepharoplasty: Surgically remove under-eye bags and/or lift drooping eyelids for a more youthful and rested look.
2. Smooth away fine lines and wrinkles.
A quick tip you can apply today: Make sure you’re taking advantage of the “touch up my appearance” filter in Zoom. It subtly blurs away lines and blemishes and helps you look better instantly.
For smoother skin without a filter, though, try procedures such as:
- Dermal fillers: Fill in deeper folds, such as nasolabial folds, with results that last for months.
- BOTOX® & Dysport®: Relax forehead lines, crow’s feet, and frown lines with quick injections.
3. Boost those contours.
Add darker makeup in the shadowed areas of your face, such as along your cheekbones and just under your jawline. This will help sculpt your facial contouring so it’s visible even on those lower-quality webcams.
If that doesn’t do the trick, try:
- Dermal fillers: Add volume to your cheeks, chin, temples, and more to create youthful dimension and fullness.
- Facial fat transfer: Restore lost volume to enhance and define your features using fat harvested from your own body.
4. Sculpt a sharper jawline.
You may have noticed that posture plays a huge role in the way you look on camera. One of the best ways to look slimmer and help your jawline stand out is to focus on sitting up straight and keeping your shoulders pulled down and back to elongate your neck.
Procedures that may help include:
- Facelift: Minimize jowls and tighten up your lower face and jawline with this popular facial rejuvenation surgery.
- Facial liposuction: Remove excess fat in your lower face, jaw, and neck for a slimming effect.
- KYBELLA®: Minimize submental fat or a “double chin” with fat-dissolving injections.
5. Give your lips the limelight.
Webcams tend to wash out the more vibrant colors in our faces, making our lips look paler and smaller. Draw attention to your lips with bold lipstick and “overlining,” or drawing a lip border very slightly larger than your actual lip shape. If you’re not a makeup wearer, make sure your lips are plenty hydrated so they have a healthy shine.
For an even more dramatic yet natural-looking boost, try:
- Lip injections: Define and enhance your lips with injectable hyaluronic acid fillers.
- Subnasal lip lift: Shorten the distance between your nose and upper lip and increase upper lip fullness by removing a tiny strip of skin just under your nose.
Want to learn more about what facial plastic surgery can do for you? Let’s talk. Contact us online or call (480) 214-9955 to get in touch with my Scottsdale plastic surgery practice.
Leave a Reply